Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Update

I've had a post tickling at my fingertips for a couple days now and I just have not had the time to actually sit down and write it.  Things have been busy here.  Saturday is almost always a full-day-away-from-the-house kind of day.  We all carpool, drop the kids off at YiaYia's, I drop Mike at work, then I head to "work" cleaning my father-in-law's office.  That's followed by either pick up Mike and the kids and head home OR stay at YiaYia's while PaPa and Mike work on our house (which is LONG overdue).  This weekend was a work-in-the-house weekend.

I was quite proud of myself for not eating terribly on Saturday.  My mother-in-law has a HUGE selection of foods in the pantry that beckon me from the moment I walk in the door.  And even though I was starving after I got back from working, I didn't let the pantry win.  I made myself a nice bowl of old-fashioned oatmeal with honey and raisins and drank my lovely little glass of water with a smile.  Of course, dinner was a different story, but I feel bad asking her to go out of her way to make something clean when she's already feeding my family.  Really, what I should have done was made something to take with so eat alongside dinner (like I did on Halloween with my yummy winter salad).  But alas, I didn't, and I had pizza.  Not terribly unclean, but definitely not the best.

Yesterday was cleaning day.  I've decided that if I'm going to devote as much time to food prep as I have been, the weekends really need to be my big chore days.  That's not to say I won't do anything else during the week, obviously.  But if I do all the laundry, the major room straightening, the mopping, the bathroom cleaning all on Sunday, then I don't have to do it during the week, leaving more time for schoolwork with Katy, wrestling with Mikey, and preparing healthy meals and snacks for the family.

I'm planning on sharing some of the super awesome dinners I've been making (as well as the CRAZY yummy desserts that have been coming out of my oven), I just haven't had time to do it all yet.  But don't worry ... they're coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment