Friday, November 1, 2013

Just a quick update

I'm officially a firm believer in clean eating.

At first, it was more experimental than anything - to see if I noticed a change in how I feel, look, etc.

The weight loss seems to have balanced itself out as I've gained back 2 of the 4.5 lbs lost.  I think my body was just in shock for a little bit and freaked out!

Now, the other night, Mike had a small going away get together because he left his current branch to move to a new one.  It was at a Mexican restaurant and I knew, knew, I would not be able to resist the chips and salsa.  I didn't have a single sip of alcohol (which was difficult with $3 margaritas).  I split a steak taco dinner with Mike which was remarkably filling and tasted amazing!

Then the next day happened.  Food hangover city, folks.  I don't know who remembers this about me, but I usually get a couple good (read: bad) headaches a week.  I've been on prescriptions before but had to go off when we decided to start a family.  The first day of clean eating I had a caffeine withdrawal headache - a can of Pepsi cleared it up in minutes.  The day after eating out (read: eating unclean), boom: headache.  I tried to go as long as I could Thursday without taking medicine because I wanted the reminder of what it does to my body to eat so poorly.  I made it about half the day before I popped a couple ibuprofen (and then 2 later on in the day).

I'm going to try my absolute hardest to not do that to myself again.  If I can make it a full week of clean eating with no headache, maybe I can convince my husband that it wasn't just a coincidence or hypochondria.

No comments:

Post a Comment