Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Moving?!?!?!

Sigh.  No, we're not moving.  Not anytime in the foreseeable future, anyway.

However, I would like to take this time to announce my deep desire to move.  And not because of the house we're in or the neighborhood.  It's more than that.

I want out of Chicago.  I have never felt like a Chicagoan.  I have no loyalties to this city, never felt a sense of pride when I see it on TV or featured in movies.

I don't love this city.  I don't love this area.  I hate the Midwest, I hate Illinois.  And I realize "hate" is a very strong word.

Here's the deal.  I want to move south.  I want to move to Florida.

Now, don't call me crazy just yet.  If there's one thing I do love about Chicago, it's the summer.  The heat, the humidity.  Bring it on! (I have naturally straight hair that does not, I repeat, does not get frizzy in the humidity, so that's one thing to consider).  So, in reality, Florida weather I can handle.

Specifically, I want to move near Clearwater.  Gulf side of Florida.  Beautiful.

How could I deny my family this?
How could they deny me this?

I guess the idea here is that, I want out of Chicago.  I want into Florida.  And, really, who's stopping me?  No one but myself.  I have an amazing husband who would gladly move for me, wouldn't even ask questions.

Okay, maybe he'd ask questions.  But he'd most likely be on board.

I think it's time to make a decision.  Florida, here we come!!!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Clearwater is amazing! I wouldn't mind moving there myself. Maybe we could be neighbors! Maybe the teaching jobs are better there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And P.S. I love the header on your page. How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, we MUST be neighbors down there. Can you imagine? After a long day of teaching kids, we can come home, go out onto the beach and have a few drinks?

    And the header? Definitely stole it. I figure if I gain a bit more popularity with the blog, I'll create one on my own. But for now, it does its job.

    ReplyDelete