Thursday, July 21, 2011

Conspiracy Theories

Now, I know you're probably going to call me crazy, but before you do, hear me out.





I think my school and my daughter are conspiring to end my existance.




Whoa, whoa, I believe I asked you to reserve judgement, did I not?


Okay, so here are my reasons why I think this to be true.

1) My school is trying to gyp me out of financial aid.  (Fun Fact: the term "gyp" is actually short for gypsy.  Ha, didn't realize you were being non-PC when you said that, did ya?)  I have filled out and walked in the forms necessary multiple times.  And they still request them.  When I go today, it will be the fourth time I have turned these forms in.  Someone's gonna get a whoopin' if they send me a letter again.

2) My school is also trying to make me go for an extra year.  Now, let me explain.  As an elementary education major, there are two classes that I must take (well, more than that, but whatever.  For the purpose of this explanation, there's two).  One is Math for Teachers I and the other is Math for Teachers II.  I is offered only in the fall.  II is only offered in the spring.  Makes sense, no complaints there.  However, my counselor failed to tell me that I would need to retake my placement exam for math to place out of MAT085 (which is algebra and geometry II - a class I took in 8th grade and freshman year, respectively).  I need MAT085 to take Math for Teachers I.  So, here I am, reviewing algebra and geometry, preparing myself for the placement test today so I can save myself a boatload of money and time.  Oh, and my sanity.

Now here's where my child comes into place.

3) Katie has made it her mission to destroy every bit of math worksheet she encounters.  She's been chewing on my calculator like a brand new puppy with a slipper.  She has been throwing fits.  She dumped an entire sippy cup of milk into the carpet. And she refused to go down for a nap until 1:30.  Oy.  She knows today is a big day and she's determined to screw it up, I just know it.

It's almost as if those stupid Triton people have brainwashed my daughter and have trained her to do their bidding.

Yet another reason to move to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment