Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring finally found Chicago!

Today was absolutely gorgeous.  A perfect Sunday.  Sunny and 83.  Katie got to wear shorts today. (So did Mommy, although that certainly was as cute a sight).

She loved it.  Loved every second of the sunshine and the wind.  Loved the water she dumped all over herself.  (I'm becoming increasingly optimistic that we'll actually use the two bathing suits I got her - on clearance, I might add!).

Katie is most definitely a summer girl.  Just like Mommy.  Not happy unless the sunshine is warming her skin, the breeze is gently tossing those slight curls (that Mommy never ever EVER wants to cut but sadly knows she'll have to).

With the coming of summer (I know, I know, spring first), I'm realizing more and more how much I love photographing my daughter.  Our camera is great - with natural light.  During the winter, I absolutely hate that camera.  The flash is all wrong, Katie always comes out looking spooky.  But with sunlight?  Well, come on:



Granted, there wasn't a lot of variability here, but that's because I took all of these out on our first excursion of the morning.

I'm beginning to realize that I want to upgrade.  Which is horrible, because we just got this camera right after Katie was born.  But, and here's where I slap myself a bit, I didn't do any research.  I let Mike do the research.  Which is fine, the guy loves technology.  But he's more of a computer/game system/television techno-guy.  I'm not saying he knows nothing about cameras, but I am saying that I should have done my homework.  Oh well.  I guess that just means I know what my next saving project is!

No comments:

Post a Comment