Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pooped.

One word to describe how I feel.  Pooped.  No better word to describe it.

I'm physically tired - although I've gotten, really, plenty of sleep, I'm still physically exhausted.

I'm mentally exhausted.  School is kicking my rear end and, although we got 2 snow days last week, that doesn't mean my workload was any less.  It just means I didn't have to drive in the snow.

I'm emotionally wasted.  Hubby and I got into a fight on Sunday - a pretty big one.  And although things are great now and were great within an hour of the fight, I'm still just spent.  I can only liken it to a really tough workout at the gym.  You feel it days later, deep in your muscles, but it's a good kind of hurt.  The kind that you know is only going to make you stronger.

And lastly, I'm spiritually exhausted.  I haven't been reading the Bible.  I haven't been praying.  I haven't been studying God's word at all.  I just haven't been.  We didn't even go to church this weekend.  We did listen to it, but it's just not the same.  You don't get to share the comraderie.  You don't get to sit there and watch the words filling people's hearts.  You don't get the heavy worship.  You don't get any of that.

What I really need is a prayer, a nap, a cup of coffee, and a non-school book.

And, of course, some snuggle time with my Bug.  But she's napping right now, so I'll just have to wait a little while until she wakes up :)

2 comments:

  1. I awarded you! Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been there but emotionally exhausted. Take a break, have a coffee and pick up a non school related book, don't feel guilty because there's always tomorrow

    ReplyDelete