Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOW DAY!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, it's a snow day in Chicago.

Now, you may be thinking to yourself, Pssh.  Snow day in Chicago.  Who cares?!


Uh, hello?!  This girl does.  I have never, ever, ever in my entire life had a snow day.  Not in grade school (that I can remember and, really, what grade school kid doesn't remember a snow day?), not in middle school, certainly not in high school.  It took all the way to college for me to get myself a snow day.  Can't say I didn't earn it, that's for sure!

Not only is school cancelled (I did go to class today, but they closed the school down at 3pm.  Unfortunately, my last class ended at 2.  Hrmph.), but the bank I work at closes at 4pm today (unheard of) and quite possibly will be closed tomorrow!  AND, since hubby and I work for the same company, we get to enjoy our snow day as an entire family!!!!!

I'm so excited, in case you haven't figured it out.

Once it stops being all blustery out there, I think we're gonna take Katie out for her first snow experience.  Yes, that's right, we haven't done that yet.  She isn't walking yet so we just figured it'd be lame, just sitting in a pile of snow.  But we simply have to get pictures of her in the biggest blizzard we've experienced, certainly as a family, maybe even in our lives.  I don't know, I don't have all the facts on that.

Shot of our backyard

I'm not kidding, I JUST got done shoveling.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Snow days are fun! We pretty much get one any time it snows here, because it's not that often and we aren't really equipped to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete