Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I MISS THE CUDDLE TIME!!!!!

As I mentioned earlier, Katie has gotten into the habit of now putting herself to sleep for naptime.  Well, tonight it progressed to bedtime as well.  I knew this would happen eventually and I know that it needed to happen.  But did it have to happen so easily?!?!  She hasn't put up a fight once!

Not that I was looking forward to a big giant fight or screaming matches or a clingy baby that would drive me to tears while she cries it out in her crib.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not missing that at all.

But come on?!?!  She seems happy not to have to cuddle anymore.

Le sigh.  It's bad enough she's gonna be a year old on Saturday and that she's almost 100% on whole milk. It's hard knowing that my baby girl isn't so much a baby anymore.

I know that she's still going to need me for many years to come.  And I know that she's always going to be my baby girl, even if she isn't a "baby" anymore.

But it's sad to know I'm slowly being nudged onto the sidelines.

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard, isn't it?! It's so bittersweet watching my little baby grow up!

    I love your blog, and the goals you've given yourself! I will be checking in often to read about what you're thankful for and how your reading is going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to trade. Mine still sleeps in bed with us. Cries when I put her in her crib and refuses to stop nursing. :) But I love her.

    ReplyDelete