Saturday, August 25, 2012

5 Years

Today marks 5 years since I became a wife.  So many things have changed since that day but I love all of it.

Mike and I met in October 2005.  At the time, we were both seeing other people, but we were definitely meant to be together.  I remember when my (then) boyfriend introduced us (they worked in the same department), there was an instant recognition.  It's really hard to explain, because I didn't see him as the man I was going to marry or even someone I was going to date.  But it was as though my soul recognized him.  When I think back to it, I know that we were making a connection, that some part of me down deep knew there was something special about him.

It took a whole year for us to get to the dating stage.  November 21, 2006 was the greatest night of my life (up to that point, that is).  We spent the whole night at Denny's, drinking horrible coffee and talking.  It wasn't even something that was planned, just a random meet-up organized at the last minute by our mutual friend, Matt.  I couldn't even tell you what we talked about, but I can tell you that I was very excited about the prospect of this cute, funny boy.

A week later, on my 21st birthday, we shared our first kiss.



In March, he proposed and in August, we were married.  We went about everything very quickly, but there isn't a single thing I would change.



This man is my everything.


1 comment:

  1. =) This is so sweet~ The two of you make an adorable couple (and make beautiful babies. ;) )Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete