Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas? Really?!

It's nearing Christmas and, as much as it pains me to say it, I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit.  Maybe it's the lack of snow (don't get me wrong - I hate snow, it just doesn't feel like Christmas in Chicago without it), maybe it's the busyness of finals and selecting classes, maybe it's the tightness of our budget.  Whatever it is, it just doesn't feel like Christmas in our house.

We've had our tree up for almost 2 months now.  Mike convinced me to put it up.  And by convinced, I mean I told him he could put it up if he cleaned the living room and rearranged the furniture by himself.  And he did.  So up it went.

I baked up a storm a week and a half ago.  I still have more baking to do.

Christmas shopping is all done.

But, it still doesn't feel like Christmas is just 4 days away.

I'm not trying to be a bah-humbug Scrooge over here.  I ADORE Christmas.  I really do.  And maybe that's why it doesn't feel right, that Christmas is 4 days away and I don't feel like it's coming.

But, in the end, it isn't about the presents, it isn't about the lights, it isn't about a tree or lack thereof.  It isn't about snow, or feeling like Christmas is around the corner.  Because Christmas is coming.  And for that, I'm thankful.


1 comment:

  1. You aren't alone here. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all. And like you, I hate to be all Bah-Humbug...but really, I'm just not feeling it. We're done shopping for Kinley but that's all that we can claim as done. Ugh. I guess I feel more disappointment than anything...Christmas isn't what it used to be.

    ReplyDelete