Sunday, September 18, 2011

Throat Slasher

Yesterday, something horrific happened.  I cannot believe the tragedy.  I'm still in shock today.

Deep breath, Chrissy, you can get through this.










I slit my throat.





On a bagel.




Don't laugh at me!  Okay, you can laugh.  After all, I did.  Once the sheer terror of a scratched esophagus left me and I began begging people at work for something to numb my throat.

When one coworker in particular shied away from me thinking I was sick (she's a slight germaphobe, that one), I had to explain that I was not, indeed, sick, but rather had scratched my throat on my breakfast.

The embarassing part was the bagel.  Who scratches their throat on a bagel?!

As Gracie said, only me.


2 comments:

  1. lol!! what do you mean?? like you swallowed it and it scratched on the way down? or you swiped it across your neck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It scratched on the way down. And it HURT!!! lol

    ReplyDelete