Friday, August 19, 2011

Funkadelic!!!

I've always said that I want my children to be comfortable wearing whatever clothes they want.  I want them to find their own sense of style, whether it be wearing head-to-toe leather (as long as I don't have to buy it firsthand, leather is expensive!) or funky colors and mismatched leggings or a knit hat in the middle of summer.

I think I may have gotten my wish.  For the last two days, my darling 19-month-old has insisted on wearing "a haht mama!"


She wore it all day yesterday and, after waking up at 6:25am (oy, baby, mommy's tired!), she ran out to the living room, found her "haht" and immediately threw it on.  She's been wearing it inside out, flopped into her face, backwards, with the frilly brim flipped upward.  You name it, she's worn it that way.

It is 100% adorable.  It makes me excited to what she's going to choose to wear when she's 5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment