Thursday, July 14, 2011

Viruses are the WORST!

Seriously, whoever gave this bug to my bug needs to be hit.

Monday evening, Katie developed a fever.  101.4.  Then it went up to 102.3.  We gave her Tylenol and hoped for the best.  Overnight, she woke up multiple times.  We spent some time on the couch (quite a few hours, actually).  Her temperature was down to 100.2 by morning.  We gave her more Tylenol, called the doctor for advice.  The nurse (her favorite - big shout out to Craig, the best nurse at Dr Manus' office) said to just keep her going with Tylenol, give her a warm bath and call back if the temperature spikes again.

By mid-morning, her temp was down to 97.6.  We went into the city and got ourselves a kitty (which is a whole notha post).  Came home, no temp so no Tylenol.  Gave her a bath, put her to bed.  Overnight, the temp skyrocketed to 103.6.  We stripped her down, gave her more Tylenol and she fell asleep.  Of course, this was yet another fitful night, spent alternating between Mommy & Daddy's bed and the couch with Mommy.

In the morning, we called and made an appointment with our doctor.  It was good to get some reassurance that we were doing what we could, but it sucked to find out that it was viral and there wasn't much we could do.  Doctors orders are as follows: plenty of fluids, bland foods (dry cereal, applesauce, pasta), and limiting her dairy intake.  This poor girl was MISERABLE without her milk.

Last night was probably one of the worst nights.  She slept in her crib for about an hour and a half.  Then she moved into our bed.  And was up every 45 minutes.  If it wasn't her waking up because she was hot or thirsty, it was because the new kitty came in meowing or Mommy got a wicked tickle in her lung and had a coughing fit.

Poor Daddy has to work all day and got a really bad night's sleep.  And there's no napping for me today, since every opportunity afforded me (and hopefully there are plenty of naps - and long ones at that) will be spent showering and cleaning the kitty box and reviewing for this dreaded math placement test that I was led to believe I didn't have to take.  Oh well, nothing like waiting to enroll in the math class I NEED (that's only offered in the fall - and hopefully this is my last fall at Triton) to find out that the counselor effed up.  Lovely.

And here I am, first post in over a month, doing nothing but complaining.

Goodness me, I promise I'll try not to be so Negative Nancy next time.  Besides, it's not my fault - I also just realized I'm out of coffee. :(


(just because it seems so fitting)

No comments:

Post a Comment