Sunday, April 17, 2011

Writer's Block

I'm having an insane bout of writer's block.  And it's driving me nuts.  I'm hoping that a little bit of creative writing in the form of blogging can get my brain functioning again.  I'm not even 100% sure I'll post this, so excuse poor grammar if it is to be found.

I was killing this paper a little bit ago.  Just knocking it out.  Kickin' ass and taking names.  That sort of writing.  I was super excited about what I was writing.  Then Katie got fussy.  About 2 feet from me.  She was eating and I was writing and all was good.  Until she was done.  And Mike's in the living room napping.

Oy.

To be fair, he's not feeling great.

But, the 3 minutes away from the computer caused me to lose my mojo.  I completely lost my train of thought.  All I can think of now is how incredibly happy my daughter is now that she's no longer trapped in the torture chair AKA high chair.  She's watching Barney now.  On Netflix.  I feel like a bad parent, because it's not necessary TV time.  But, my gosh, I'm just trying to get some writing done.  And now, I'm blogging.  Making me feel worse.

Oh well, she's enjoying herself and I'm trying to get my juices flowing.

I'm at a complete loss.  Anyone know anything about literature in the 80s.  Espionage books.  Things of that nature.  Gosh, I hate this class.  Why do I have to compare an aspect of popular culture between two decades?  I suppose it's my own fault, I picked literature in the 50s and 80s.  I got ALL kinds of stuff on the 50s.  Wrote a ton.  I'm onto ths 80s now.  And I have information.  I just have to put it into essay format.  At the moment, it's in outline format.  I just need to flower it up a bit, not make it just a list of facts that takes up a page and turn it into information that takes up 3 pages.  That shouldn't be too hard, right?  I didn't think so.  But now my brain is stuck.  And I hate it.

Oh well, I'm done rambling here.  Maybe I'll have gotten things together.  I'll pull up Pages and see what I can accomplish.

Warning, though:  I may be back if I'm staring at Pages for 10 minutes without writing a darn thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment