Monday, March 7, 2011

Ready ... Set ... BLOG!

Okay, so here goes.  The fastest blog post ever.  I have 15 minutes until I leave for work and I haven't even gotten changed yet, BUT I feel the urge to blog, so here I go!

Yesterday, Katie started walking.  Yes, I realize she is 14 months, but I figure she's been talking since she was 5 months, so I can give her a little leeway on the walking bit.  Her first REAL steps were in church, too, which just seems to make it all the more special.  And, to top it all off, they were to Papa.  My father-in-law melts over this little girl, so when her first steps were to him, he about fainted.  I'm so glad that Mike and I were both able to see it.  We kept joking that she would decide to start walking when Mommy and Daddy were in Savannah next week, but she decided she couldn't let that happen.  My precious girl.

She also had her first lollipop yesterday.  And it was a root beer flavored Dum-Dum.  Girl after my own heart, I swear.

It's midterms this week, which don't really mean a whole lot.  But work is also extra-sucky this week.  Lord help me, I am going to be earning my vacation next week.  Savannah is going to feel so darn good.

Mike and I are heading to the library this week to pick up an audiobook for the drive down there (yes, we're road trippin' it from Chicago to Savannah!  It's nothing compared to the road trip to Tucson/Phoenix we took when we were first married).  Anyone have any suggestions?  On previous road trips we have listened to Cell by Stephen King (which we loved) and a John Grisham book (which we didn't).  We have extremely varied interests in books, so it's a bit difficult.  However, if you have an audiobook that you have listened to that you'd recommend, I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. One book I had no idea I would like was The Blood Brothers Trilogy by Nora Roberts. I have a thing against her earlier stuff because it is more on the romantic side but Blood Brothers, The Hollow and The Pagan Stone was a read I couldn't put down, I mean stop listening to because they were audio books. The 3 books circulated where I work in my department for awhile because everyone wanted to listen to them.

    In the small village of Hawkins Hollow, three best friends who share the same birthday sneak off into the woods for a sleepover the evening before turning 10. But a night of pre-pubescent celebration turns into a night of horror as their blood brother oath unleashes a three-hundred year curse.
    Twenty-one years later, Cal Hawkins and his friends have seen their town plagued by a week of unexplainable evil events two more times - every seven years. With the clock winding down on the third set of seven years, someone else has taken an interest in the town's folklore. Quinn is a well known scholar of local legends, and despite Cal's protests, insists on delving in the mystery. But when the first signs of evil appear months early, it's not only the town Cal tries to protect, but also his heart.

    ReplyDelete