Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's Christmas Eve!

It's Christmas Eve and in about and hour, I have to head out the door to work.

While I am incredibly thankful that I have a job when so many have been unemployed for so long, I crave the day when I don't have to work on Christmas Eve.  I have so many plans for future Christmas Eves.  I want Christmas Eve to be the day we do family crafts.

I want Christmas Eve to be the day when the kids all gather in the kitchen and we make salt dough ornaments and fingerprint snowmen and paint and make messes.  Because isn't that what Christmas with kids is?  Tons and tons of messes that need cleaning up but that you just can't force yourself to touch until at least the day after Christmas.

I don't want Christmas Eve to be me in the bathroom, getting ready for work, Katy watching cartoons in the living room, eating her breakfast.  I don't want Christmas Eve to be fast-paced and hurried.  I want Christmas Eve to be slow and steady.

But, I will find the joy in today.  I will wish my customers a Merry Christmas, not a Happy Holiday (I don't care what you say, Mr. Bank-I-Work-For, today is not a day to be PC).  I will smile brightly.  I will be a shining example of what it is to be joyful on Christmas Eve.

I hope your Christmas Eve is joyful.

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14 

No comments:

Post a Comment