Friday, April 22, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 04

Day 4 - A song that makes you sad

There are a number of songs that make me sad, but there is one in particular that I thought of the moment I read today's assignment.

Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman.

When I first heard this song, I cried with joy.

When Steven's daughter died, I sobbed each time this song came on.

Ever since Katie was born, this song continues to bring a tear to my eye.  Half joy (knowing this is exactly the kind of father Michael is, willing to drop everything just to dance with his princess), half sorrow, knowing that at any second, the Lord could call my baby up to Him.  I pray each and every day that doesn't happen while I'm still living, I just don't know what I would do without her.

And now I'm mad at today's assignment because I need to be getting my butt out the door to go to work, but I'm fighting back tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment